Throw the party of your life in our Barn
Following your fairy-tale wedding ceremony, we would like to welcome you and your guests to continue celebrating your special day with a Reception to remember!
With a full dining experience, mouth-watering food, friendly service and stunning surroundings this historic venue is overflowing with rustic essence, nature filled charm and alluring beauty.
It is one of the most appealing and upcoming wedding venues in Victoria. With the charismatic wooden interior and exterior dating back to 1870’s during settlement time, with vertical timber slabs, cut from the trees off it’s very own acreage, Baxter Barn is an captivating & eye catching backdrop for any themed event.
Whether you are looking to enjoy canapés out on our manicured gardens or courtyard lawn or a traditional plated meal within the barn itself, your event will be one to treasure for years to come.
We offer everything from Cocktail menu’s, “Feasting” or “Grazing” menu’s, Plated or Buffet menu’s and chef cooked BBQ banquets. Everything we do is handmade and prepared on site as we strive for a premium, delicious gourmet standard! Our menus are designed and hand made by us, a fact that puts us above and beyond most venues. The combination of authentic landscape and foundations contrasted with the modernistic food scene that Going Gourmet offers proves Baxter Barn to be the perfect venue for you. With a full B.Y.O beverage service to accompany your meal package and options for additional bar set up, custom made requests and personalised packages, Baxter Barn is guaranteed to be the perfect venue for you.
Reception Packages Include
Beverage Packages: Choose from our packages where you can have the best of French, New Zealand and Australian Grapes, along size perfect coffee, soft drink, juices and table service.
5 hours of B.Y.O. Beverage Service: Our B.Y.O. beverage/liquor licence enables our clients to bring in your own beverages served under our consent. You can purchase all your favourite beverages and drop off before your wedding or event. The B.Y.O beverage costs have been factored into your food and beverage package. This includes all your glassware, ice, a single central bar location, staff and a 5 hour service window.
We offer everything from cocktail menu’s, feasting/grazing menu’s, sit-down plated fucntions, buffet and chef cooked BBQ banquets. Everything we do is handmade and hand-prepared, as we strive for a premium delicious gourmet offering.
Our menus are designed and hand made by us, a fact that puts us above and beyond most venues. We prepare and cook with numerous handpicked organic ingredients that we grow here at Baxter Barn, at our door step.
Our full range of menus are available upon enquiry, so please enquire today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
How do I lock in our booking to confirm the date?
• A deposit is required to lock in a Baxter Barn event.
When are final details required?
• All menu selections, required extra services, a running schedule and timings and final numbers are due and to be final 14 days prior to your event.
When is final payment due?
• Final payment is due 10 days prior to the event.
Can I have my ceremony onsite also?
• Onsite ceremonies can also be booked
• Location (Barn & Courtyard, Island or Heritage Homestead & Ceremony Gardens)
• Inclusive of 40 ceremony chairs, market umbrellas, water station, signing table & chairs, a supervision staff member
Do you have a liquor License?
• We have our B.Y.O beverage & liquor licence which enables our client to bring in beverages to be served under our consent.
• B.Y.O beverage service will be quoted in your quotation.
• It includes glassware, ice, single central bar location, staff & a 5 hour service window
• Additional hours are available upon request.
Will I get a Tasting prior to our Event?
• Tastings are available upon request however subject to availability and the nature of your event.
• We run a number of tastings throughout the year on and off the property at Baxter – See Facebook for updates
Can we mix and match our food packages?
• We are more than happy to discuss menu changes/alterations within the correct timeframe.
• Menu discussions are welcome by email, phone or face to face appointments.
Can I hold a wedding rehearsal?
• Wedding rehearsals are available. We respect that everyone has different needs leading up to their wedding. We can book you in for a wedding rehearsal on a day that is free before your wedding date.